With this in mind, we constantly pray for you, that our God count you worthy of his calling,
and that by his power he fulfill every good purpose of yours and every act prompted by your faith.
We pray this so that the name of our Lord Jesus may be glorified in you, and you in him,
according to the grace of our God and the Lord Jesus Christ.
2 Thessalonians 1:11-12

Sunday, April 24

way. too. long.

Friends, first please let me apologize for NEVER posting! I had really good intentions, but unfortunately, they didn't last long. So, six months later... here we are!

It is extremely hard to believe that almost a year has past. I absolutely LOVE living here and have been blown away by all that God is teaching me! I want to share with y'all a bit about the school I'm teaching at, International Community School (ICS). We are a Christian school with American curriculum and students from over 25 countries in Pre-K to 12th grade. You can check out our website.

I feel so blessed to be able to do the job that I love, teaching math, while also sharing the love of Christ and discipling my students. While I knew God was calling me to Singapore to teach at ICS, I really didn't know what to expect once I got here and how I would adjust to teaching middle school. Part of the reason I haven't posted much, (not to make excuses!) was that in some ways I've felt like a first year teacher again. My perfectionist habits have surfaced and I've been quite overwhelmed with the task of teaching and writing curriculum for 3.5 new subjects! I'm thankful that God has provided strength and friends to help me through! (Along with some vacations to relax and recharge along the way!) Even in some of the very busy and difficult times, I have still been so thankful for the opportunity to teach at ICS! To highlight a few things:
  • I teach five classes every day, my smallest class is 12 students and my largest class is only 18 students!
  • I have a mimo portable interactive white board that I get to keep in my classroom 24/7! (like a smartboard)
  • My students are from all over the world: USA, Canada, New Zealand, Korea, China, Japan, Russia, India, and some local Singaporean students too!
  • Every morning I start off the day with a devotional and pray for my students. I can openly talk about Christ, it's awesome!
  • My students are really hilarious and super sweet! There are a few 7th grade girls that faithfully give me a hug every day!
  • My students are also really good kids and the majority of them excel in math! I love how they raise their hands, they have so much energy and can barely stay sitting in their seats... it's too cute!
Also, here's a promotional video for our school. What an awesome place to service our Lord Jesus Christ!

No comments:

Post a Comment