With this in mind, we constantly pray for you, that our God count you worthy of his calling,
and that by his power he fulfill every good purpose of yours and every act prompted by your faith.
We pray this so that the name of our Lord Jesus may be glorified in you, and you in him,
according to the grace of our God and the Lord Jesus Christ.
2 Thessalonians 1:11-12

Tuesday, July 27

Closer to Love

After leaving PFO in Southaven, I returned to Houston to say my goodbyes and prepare for the big move to Singapore... it was three weeks of craziness! (that's why it's taken me so long to blog, sorry!) That time was probably one of the busiest times in my life, but also one of the sweetest! As I said my goodbyes, I realized how many amazing people the Lord has put in my life and how truly blessed I am!I was able to meet one-on-one with my close friends and share a meal or coffee. And in that time I was able to tell each one of them why they are special to me, how they had impacted my life, and let them know that I love them! For me, this was SO MUCH fun but also very draining! I think my love languages are quality time and words of encouragement... so naturally, I loved doing this... but, I'm also an introvert, so all the people time made me very exhausted! (side note: I was so exhausted that I slept 15 hours out of the 24 hour trip to Singapore, so when I arrived I was well rested!)

I also had two very special parties thrown for me, one by my homegroup at church and another by my friends/roommates for the summer. I was incredibly blessed by both of these times, especially all of the kind/encouraging words from my church body at homegroup. I want to share a couple of verses to affirm and encourage you to continue in what you are doing!

"For as in one body we have many members, and the members do not all have the same function, so we, though many, are one body in Christ, and individually members one of another." Romans 12:4-5

"... to equip the saints for works of ministry, for building up the body of Christ." Ephesians 4:12

I am so glad that I have been able to see each of you grow individually and as a body of believers. We are one, united in Christ, but God has also gifted us each in a unique way. It has brought me such joy to watch each ofyou use your gifts for God's glory and to build up the body. You have encouraged and challenged me to do the same! So continue on in the Lord's strength and seek to live out Acts 2:42-47! I pray that God will be quick to lead me to a body that is seeking Him with the same fervor as you! This is just the beginning...

So friends, this blog is dedicated to you! Because of all of you, I am closer to understanding love. "you pull me closer to love... " -Mat Kearney

my summer roommates... praying at homegroup

final meal in the states... riding to the airport

all of my friends from church who came to my last meal in the states!

the guys grilling in the rain at my goodbye party

love you girls and thanks for the goodbye party!

1 comment: