With this in mind, we constantly pray for you, that our God count you worthy of his calling,
and that by his power he fulfill every good purpose of yours and every act prompted by your faith.
We pray this so that the name of our Lord Jesus may be glorified in you, and you in him,
according to the grace of our God and the Lord Jesus Christ.
2 Thessalonians 1:11-12

Thursday, July 1

Preparing Your Minds for Action

Well, I'm finishing things up here at PFO (Pre-Field Orientation or pifffo). I leave tomorrow afternoon to head back home to Houston. I had hoped to blog more while I was here, but with the busy schedule and writing a reflection paper... it didn't happen! So, here are a few thoughts to sum up my time of training to prepare for the mission field. The past two weeks have been a very intense time of looking at myself and my relationship with Jesus Christ. Some people have joked that we are receiving "free counseling" and they are totally right! We've dealt with all kinds of issues, including our personalities, communication, transition, third-culture kids, teaching Christianly, culture, and purity. I have learned so much (feeling a little brain dead) and now I feel much more prepared to make the move to Singapore! I am a nerd and I do love to learn new things BUT, that hasn't been the best part of PFO. The sweetest part has been... the PEOPLE!!! :) I have been so encouraged by the hearts and lives of the people going through training with me! It has been a really neat experience to be surrounded by other educators who love the Lord Jesus Christ and want the nations to know His Name. We've bonded in a special way as we prepare for this new adventure of serving in an international Christian school. I am so thankful for the encouragement they have given me through their joy, laughter, and genuine love! I know that I have been forever changed this week because of what God has done and I can't wait to see what He has for the future!
(and on a less serious note, "hey girl" will now be said ALL over the world as a result of the past two weeks!) :)

"Therefore, preparing your minds for action, and bring sober-minded, set your hope fully on the grace that will be brought to you at the revelation of Jesus Christ."
1 Peter 1:13


me and steph... she will be serving in Suriname... LOVE this GIRL!

my small group at Graceland :)

having fun with my new group of friends at PFO

walking along the Mississippi River with my Singapore friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment